Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sands of Time

For me there is nothing quite like playing in the sand at the beach.  I grew up on a lake and spent many a summer's day building sand castles and running my own restaurant; serving up delicate dishes of grass spaghetti with a lovely sand sauce.  My Mom even found a book at the library complete with recipes for all sorts of sand inspired dishes!

I recently completed my first altered canvas project and used one of my favorite pictures as the inspiration. Although it may not be the best quality photo, it makes me smile and brings back memories of how I spent endless days in the sun.  Considering this photo was printed over 40 years ago, I guess it has held up pretty well. 

A special thanks to my friend Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio for photographing my finished work!

I had a great time creating this piece and using all my favorite supplies including Ranger Distress Inks and Prima Flowers.  I even pulled out one of my oldies but goodies - Magic Mesh - Do they still make this stuff?  I also used paint and acrylic stamps to cover the cute little chipboard flowers.

I am happy to say that "The Sands of Time" have returned me back to the lake I grew up on and I spend time everyday down at the beach playing barefoot in the sand. . .

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to display your childhood pictures! It's a real work of art : ) And I might mention that you were (and still are) a really cute kid! It was my pleasure to help with the photo, Kenny has taught me well! Can't wait to see the next post ( wink, wink) no pressure LOL.

    ReplyDelete